LOOKING TO START A BUSINESS?
THESE ARE TIPS TO GET YOU STARTED.
By Tanya Hamilton Toba | April 2017
Starting a business can be scary and intimidating. It can be overwhelming and difficult to know where to begin. The list below outlines the “to-do’s” of developing a business of your own.
- Come up with an idea.
- Evaluate your idea.
- Do your market research (Is there a market for my product/service?)
- Will this idea make a profit?
- Create a business plan.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- Company Description
- Marketing Plan
- Management Team
- Financial Plan
- Determine how to Finance your business.
- How much capital do you have? How much will you need?
- Investor funding
- Choose a name for your business.
- Take the domain name (web address) into consideration
- Decide your business structure.
- Sole proprietor
- Obtain necessary licenses and permits.
- Research if additional licenses or permits are necessary
- Zoning laws
- Build your product/service.
- Bring your product/service to market.
- Who is the ultimate customer?
- How will the customer acquire the product/service? (Internet, Brick & Mortar Co.)
- Market and Brand your product/service