Brooke Martin is a highly motivated 16 year-old from Spokane Washington. Her journey as a young entrepreneur was launched at Startup Weekend Spokane in the Fall of 2012. She was 12 years old at the time and pitched an innovative way for dog owners to be able to video chat with their pet and deliver a treat from anywhere. After two years of development, iCPooch went into production in July of 2014. Most recently, she has been working to expand this technology to applications in the telemedicine industry with a new product called iCLovedOnes.
Brooke’s passion for entrepreneurship continues and has led her to new opportunities and adventures. Recently she launched her own personal brand with www.icbrooke.com. She’s been fortunate the past 3-1/2 years to give numerous presentations and to be a guest writer for a variety of publications, and www.icbrooke.com is a perfect forum her to share past and upcoming presentations and updates. Brooke has also set the goal to write and publish a book for teens about entrepreneurship, with a working title of “Mind Your Own Business”.
Brooke and iCPooch have been featured on ABC’s Shark Tank, NBC Nightly News, CBS News, Fox Business, NPR, The New York Times, The Meredith Vieira Show, and numerous other media outlets.
Some of Brooke’s accomplishments include:
- President 2016-2017, Associated Student Body – Saint George’s School
- Notre Dame 2016 Summer Leadership Seminar Program in Science, Ethics & Responsibility – Full Merit Scholarship
- 2016 Eastern Washington Affiliate Winner of the National Center for Women and Information Technology’s Award for Aspirations in Computing
- Featured speaker at 2015 TEDxSpokane
- 3rd place – 2015 Cisco IoT World Forum Young Women’s Global Innovation Grand Challenge
- 2nd place – 2015 Microsoft Global Small Business Competition
- Recipient of the “Appreneur” Scholarship at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show
- Featured presenter at Purina’s 2014 “Better with Pets Summit” in NYC
- Winner of 2014 “Inventions We Love “ at GeekWire Tech Summit in Seattle
- 2014 Top 20 Global Teen Entrepreneur & Innovator by Teen Business
- Completion of a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2014
- 2nd Place – 2013 National Discovery Education 3M Young Scientist Challenge
In addition to being a dedicated entrepreneur, Brooke competitively rides Morgan horses, plays the piano and violin, is the Administrative Lead of her school’s FIRST Robotics Team, maintains a 4.0 GPA, and advocates for other young people to pursue interests in STEM and business.
Brooke is currently a senior at Saint George’s School in Spokane.
For additional information, including video and story links, please visit Brooke’s personal website at www.icbrooke.com.